Fairview Early Childhood Center offers half-day and full-day, developmentally appropriate programming which provides hand-on active learning opportunities through large group, small group and learning center activities.
- The RPS 205 Early Childhood Program implements the High Scope Curriculum developed by the High Scope Educational Research Foundation, nationally recognized for its work in the research of early childhood education for more than 50 years.
- Fairview is a comprehensive site serving children and their families 0-5. Parent-child interaction sessions as well as center-based classrooms serving 3-5 year olds are available.
- Bilingual Spanish and Arabic classrooms for limited English proficient children are available.
- We have a special services Diagnostic team.
- In addition to the department’s curriculum, a special focus implementing the Reggio Emilia approach with emphasis on the arts and music from the Reggio Emilia Child Care Centers in Italy has been incorporated into Fairview’s programming.
- Fairview has received Gold Circle of Quality Awards from ExceleRate Illinois in pre-K programming and for the inclusion of children with special needs.